COVID-19 or the flu? Test yourself to find out what virus is causing you trouble
Do you feel that you’re coming down with something (catching an illness), and you want to know what it is? Is it the flu or COVID-19? These illnesses are currently the most common causes, but while at the beginning of the pandemic we were able to distinguish the symptoms of these two diseases, now it is more difficult.
New variants of the Coronavirus – first Delta and now Omicron – are increasingly similar to the flu or cold (click here for a detailed comparison of symptoms). Early and correct diagnosis is key information during a pandemic to let us know if we need to undergo quarantine in order to reduce the likelihood of spread.
With the new salivary virus tests (SARS-CoV-2 / Influenza A / Influenza B), you can quickly find out which virus is causing your problems. In addition, saliva tests are painless (you put a cotton swab in your mouth) and are also suitable for children from the age of two.
Why flu A and B?
Influenza A and B are the flu viruses responsible for annual flu epidemics during the winter. In general, there are 4 types of influenza viruses (A, B, C and D), with Influenza C and D not causing epidemics. Influenza A is responsible for the rarer but even more serious influenza pandemics.
Who is this test for?
The test is suitable for anyone who wants to obtain more detailed information about his or her health condition. In addition, we recommend this test to people who belong to risk groups and are at the most risk.
Risk groups (flu)
- people over 65,
- pregnant women,
- AIDS patients,
- cancer patients,
- children with neurological diseases,
- patients with cardiovascular diseases.
Risk groups (COVID-19)
Older people are more likely to have a serious illness. As many as 81% of COVID-19 deaths are over 65. However, in addition to age, other factors also play a role, especially the following associated diseases:
- oncological diseases,
- chronic kidney disease,
- chronic liver disease (cirrhosis, autoimmune hepatitis, liver steatosis, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)),
- chronic lung diseases (asthma, bronchiectasis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, [idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)]-symptoms-diagnosis-and-treatment), cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary embolism),
- type 1 and type 2 diabetes,
- heart disease (heart failure, ischemic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, high blood pressure),
- stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases,
- obesity (Body Mass Index (BMI) over 30) and overweight (BMI between 25 and 30),
- red blood cell disease (sickle cell disease, thalassemia), blood clotting disorders,
- immunocompromised conditions = conditions with reduced immunity (patients with AIDS, long-term use of systemic corticosteroids, use of immunosuppressants,
- psychiatric disorders (depression, schizophrenia),
- Down syndrome.
In addition to diseases, COVID-19 also increases the chances of a serious course of:
- pregnancy (up to 42 days after the end of pregnancy),
- smoking (including smoking in the past),
- alcohol and drug use,
- transplants (organs and bone marrow)
COVID and Flu test
SELECT TEST SITE TO BOOK TESTING DATE
- This test allows you to find out more precisely what type of virus is causing your symptoms. Along with the test result, you will also receive recommendations on how to proceed in the case of a positive test.
- The test identifies SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) and Flu A, B (influenza) viruses.
- Non-invasive form of PCR test by hygienic self-sampling of saliva – salivation of a cotton swab (not gargling). It is enough to take one sample to perform both tests.
- Before the actual sampling, it is necessary that the tested person does not consume food, drink, chew gum, smoke, perform oral hygiene and the like at least 60 minutes before collection. Adherence to these principles affects the sensitivity of the diagnostic method.
- Result via EMAIL and SMS, in the form of certificates (with QR code, stamp of certified laboratory and signature).
- We guarantee the evaluation time within 24 hours.